Monday, July 12, 2010

Over to Bangalore

It’s been a long time since I posted anything on my Blog. But then, a software engineer without a laptop and a Wi-Fi connection can do very less...except blog during company hours. Now why would a software engineer do that? Probably because he's lost.

 

My stay in Infy has been like a dream. Five months training in the lush green campus of Mysore DC, recruitment into one of the best groups in Infy; Knowledge Management (KM), shifting base to the IT hub of India, finding a new family within the team et al. A lot happened in the past few months that has changed my perspective towards life - maybe for the better (or worse?)

 

It has been almost 6 months since I last saw my family. I did have a few video-conferences with them in a cyber-cafe - but it's not the same thing. I had made a lot of friends in Mysore. Now I'm in Bangalore and they are spread across the length and breadth of the country. And maybe for the first time in my life, I'm feeling lonely. The people in KM have done their best to make me feel right at home - but I still miss everyone.

 

Thanks to some unfortunate series of events, I can only go home at Diwali (which is in the first week of November). Till then, I have to find my way in this congested city of lost techie souls they call "Bengaluru". Being from Chandigarh and knowing zilch about south Indian food/culture also doesn't help. Life has become all about "Eat, sleep, study, code, grumble...". Poor small town guy adjusting to the big city life is beginning to question his motive for leaving home in the first place.

 

This is just an update.

 

PS. I'm in a sad mood right now. I will tell you how awesome KM is when I'm back in my groove.

 

No comments: