Friday, May 01, 2009

The Quest

In college, one of the things i discovered were WebHunts. These were tidy little sites which could fry anyone's brains.
The simplest was:
www.freestuffhotdeals.com/hacker/1.html

Once I was addicted, there was no looking back. I solved Klueless, Notpr()n and a lot of the like. The concept is simple, get to the next page by solving the clue given on the current page. Sounds easy, right. It isn't!
And then, I had one of those bizzare ideas. Why don't I create a WebHunt of my own?
ISTE's Synergy 2K8 proved the perfect platform for its launch. I don't know if it will be available anymore, but here's the link:

http://return.of.moriarty.googlepages.com

I got a lot of positive criticism (Why diidn't you make one earlier? was the most common question).
Fast forward to February 2009... Planning for the eagerly awaited Synergy 2K9 had started. And another WebHunt was forming in my mind.
Voila, WebHunt 2.0 was launched:

http://istemullana.googlepages.com/webhunt

GooglePages is going to migrate soon to Google Sites. And probably the WebHunt will be destroyed.
But, it was fun while it lasted!!
You can try the WebHunts whenever you like, and if you really get stuck...you know where to find me.

No comments: