Monday, July 27, 2009

Cyberia

I have started looking for ways to promote the blog without pleading to all my friends to visit it.

I found quite a few blog directories that index various blogs far out in the unchartered waters of cyberspace.
Here is a list of a few that I visited:

It was quite late that I realized that I needed to be the owner of domain or the blog should be self-hosted for it to be submitted to these search engines.

Another glorious mistake!

To err is human, to forgive divine - Anonymous

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anurag,
Here is a technique which has worked well for me on my blogs for getting traffic. Find a a few news articles from Google or Yahoo News or news feeds- stories you feel strongly about and want to comment on. Then use the original title (or at least the main keywords) of the news article for the title of your blog post. Also use this title for your tag for that post. After you publish your article, ping Technorati and the other blog engines either manually or automatically. After a while you should be getting traffic which will browse other posts on your blog. People usually read a news article and then copy the title to search for related articles and blogs. I hope this helps.

Anurag said...

Awesome!
I might as well try it... when I get rid of this dialup and get Broadband...someday